Terms & Conditions
Thanks for buying from Workington Conservatives. The profit from each of your purchases will go towards campaigning to elect Conservatives in the Workington constituency.
Now for the legal bit…
These terms and conditions apply to the use of this website, shop.workingtonconservatives.com (the “Website”). By visiting this Website or by placing an order, you confirm that you have read these terms and conditions and agree to adhere to them in their entirety. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you must not use this Website.
We may update or vary our terms and conditions from time to time, so please check this page for the latest version whenever you visit this Website. We can also update and vary the terms and conditions by notice on other pages of this Website.
You will be able to access most areas of this Website without registering your details with us. Other areas are only open to you if you register.
- Trading details
Whenever you buy a product through this Website, you will be contracting with the Workington Conservative Association (“Workington Conservatives”) of 104 Senhouse Street, Maryport CA15
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 01900 300 103
- Ordering from us
3.1. Product description
We use our reasonable endeavours to make sure that every product on this Website is shown accurately and that prices are correct. However, occasionally there may be small variations in colour, typefaces and layout. Workington Conservatives disclaim all representations and warranties that the content or information on this Website is accurate, complete, up to date or does not infringe the rights of any third party.
3.2. Placing your order
When you place an order with us (by choosing an item and completing our online checkout process), we will send you an acknowledgement by email. This will detail the products you have ordered. Please note that your completion of the online checkout process does not constitute our acceptance of your order.
Our acceptance of your order only takes place when we despatch it. A ‘purchase contract’ between you and Workington Conservatives is therefore made at the point of despatch, rather than at the point of payment. If you have cancelled your order, or if we notify you that we cannot accept your order, then no purchase contract will have been made.
From time to time, we may not be able to accept an order for the following reasons:
- If, unfortunately, we do not have your chosen goods in stock
- Where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment
- If there has been a pricing or product description error
- If you do not meet any eligibility criteria set out in our terms and conditions
- If the order for personalised products contains reference to any copyrighted information where you have not obtained permission
- If your order for personalised products contains content which is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience
We reserve the right to cancel your order at any time and issue a full refund. This does not affect your statutory rights.
3.3. Personalised gifts
We aim to provide you with a fast, high-quality service, so any personalised products you order are sent for production as soon as is reasonably practicable. Please double-check your order on screen and your acknowledgement email carefully to check that all the details are correct. We cannot refund items where the personalisation has been mis-spelt due to an error made by you.
Final design authority rests with Workington Conservatives. Your product may not look exactly like the product pictures
3.4. Ordering multiple gift products
Multiple items can be ordered at the same time and will be despatched at the same time where reasonably practicable.
On the Website you can pay for your goods using PayPal™ or by credit card, ApplePay™ or GooglePay™. You can pay by card using PayPal™ (without requiring a PayPal™ account) or Stripe™ as the payment intermediary.
- Supply and pricing of goods
4.1. Supply of Goods
The gift products sold on our website are manufactured in a range of different third-party production facilities based in the UK. All orders are shipped from the UK
4.2. Prices and sales tax
All prices shown on the website include sales tax or VAT at the prevailing rate, if applicable.
4.3. Postage and packaging charges
For most items, prices are shown exclusive of postage and packaging charges; these will be shown separately at the checkout stage. In some cases, prices shown may include postage and packaging. If this is the case this will be clearly stated.
We know just how important it is that your gifts arrive on time for that special occasion. During the order process, we will notify you of the expected timeframe for receiving your order. We will also make you aware of any delivery charges prior to the acceptance of your order.
Please see our Delivery Information page for more specific information.
- Changing or cancelling an order
Before you request a change or cancellation, it is best to check the status of your order by going to ‘Order History’, which can be found under the ‘My Account’ tab. Orders can only be changed or cancelled if the status is on ‘Order Received’. If the status displays ‘Processing’ or ‘Despatched’ then we have already begun production or it has been despatched and, unfortunately, cannot be amended or cancelled.
It is best to use the contact form if you need to cancel or change your order. Please have your order number or the email address you registered with us available so we can answer your query as quickly as possible.
Emails are answered during business hours (9.30am – 4:00pm) in the order they are received. It is therefore possible that your order could begin production before your email is processed and we will be unable to make any changes.
- Returns and refunds
At Workington Conservatives, we always try to send your products in perfect condition. However, occasionally, a problem can arise. In the unlikely event that a product is faulty, or it is damaged in delivery or is the wrong item, we ask you to contact us to let us know of the problem as soon as possible. We will then advise you on whether you are eligible for a refund or replacement.
7.1. Reporting a problem
If for any reason you are not happy with your order, please contact our Customer Service Team using our Contact Form
You will need to quote your order number, the email address you have registered and the details of the problem with the order.
We aim to acknowledge any complaint within 14 working days, (usually it takes 1-2 days) and will do our best to resolve it within 28 days. We may ask you to take a photograph of the product to help us communicate with our suppliers and correct any future problems. Should it be necessary, we will then advise you how to return your item.
7.2. Returning products and issuing refunds
Where an item is faulty, we will ask you to return it to us within three days of receipt. You can contact our Customer Service Team for a returns address. Your right to return items to us in accordance with these terms and conditions is in addition to any other statutory rights you may have.
If you are eligible for a refund, we will reimburse the price you have paid for the product(s) onto the credit or debit card that you paid with. Alternatively, we may offer to remake (if applicable) and resend the item free of charge. Please note it is not our policy to offer both a refund and a resend.
Refunds cannot be given if the fault is a result of your own actions such as product misuse or if personalisation is mis-spelt. Please see section 3.3, ‘Personalising products’, for more information.
Multiple refund requests
If there are persistent claims for refunds from the same individual or group of individuals, we reserve the right not to issue a refund or replace an order. We may refuse to take any future orders from any such customers and will inform them of our decision in writing, via email or over the telephone.
- Your privacy and security
We are committed to protecting your privacy. You can read about how we use the information that we collect about you here.
You can see the information that we hold about you in relation your use of this website by logging in to the Website and checking your account details. You can also update your account details online.
8.1. How we use your contact information
The personal information you provide to us will include your contact details, payment card details and information about any recipients of products that you wish us to deliver products to.
We will not sell or disclose any personal data to any third party unless required to do so by law.
You can read about how we use the information that we collect about you here.
8.2. Opt out
You can decide to opt out of receiving any communications from us at any point, other than that required to process your registration or orders. Any newsletter communications contain an unsubscribe link, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
8.4. Securing your personal information
The Website uses Secure Socket Layers (SSL), the most advanced security system available. All of the personal information you enter, including your name, address, and the contents of your address book, is encrypted by secure server software before it is safely transmitted across the Internet. Our Customer Service Team has access to this information.
8.5. Securing your password
When you register with the Website, you do so as an individual. You must not share your user name and password with anyone else.
We know that you may use the same password for other Internet accounts, and that it is highly sensitive. Rest assured, your password will remain encrypted and we do not have access to it. If you forget your password, we can send you a temporary one. You will then be able to access your account and create a new password.
8.6. Credit card transactions
Your card details are not recorded or stored in our database. They are encrypted and are transferred securely to our Payment Service Provider (www.paypal.com or www.stripe.com) for immediate authorisation. Once we have received authorisation from the Payment Service Provider we will confirm your order.
8.7. User Content
- Use of the Website
9.1. Abuse of service
You agree not to use this Website, directly or indirectly, for any unlawful purpose, or to cause distress or offence to any person. You also agree not to upload, email to us or print any images or other copyrighted material without the express permission of the owner.
9.2. Intellectual Property
All text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, page layouts, design and other material that is contained on the Website is protected by Workington Conservatives’ or third party copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. You do not have permission, except where expressly authorised to do so, to change, copy, store, publish, rent, licence, sell or distribute in any way any of these intellectual property rights.
9.3. Website content and service access
We will always try to ensure that the Website is available 24 hours a day. However, we will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time, or for any period.
Occasionally, we may provide links to other websites or resources for your convenience. We do not endorse the contents of those websites and are not responsible for their availability or service. We will not be liable in any way for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using those websites. If you decide to access linked third party websites you do so at your own risk.
We exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and terms (whether express or implied) to the fullest extent permitted by law. We, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), and any of our group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with your use of this Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of this Website, any websites linked to this Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this Website or your downloading of any material from this Website or any websites linked to this Website.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (ii) fraud (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
If your use of material on this Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
You agree to indemnify us fully, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any breach of the terms and conditions by you, or your use of this Website, or the use by any other person using your registration details.
From time to time we host competitions on the Website – we wish you the best of luck with winning a prize but there are some legalities and rules that apply to all competitions on the Website, our social media websites and our partners.
These rules are the conditions of entry to all competitions conducted through the Website or any of our social media channels (“Social Media”) (“Competitions”). They apply together with any additional Terms and Conditions published on the Website.
- These rules together with any specific rules set out in the competition notices published on the Website (“Competition Notices”) are the “Competition Rules” and apply to competitions on the Website or Social Media. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by the Competition Rules and all other Terms and Conditions on the Website.
- Competitions are not open to persons who at any time between the start date of the Competition and the date on which the winner is selected (inclusive) are employees of Workington Conservatives, any of its wholly owned subsidiaries or any marketing services agency or other company involved directly with the administration of the Competition, or any member of their households.
- Eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver’s licence will be required if the Competition prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom and/or car hire. These will be set out in the relevant Competition Notice.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- The address you provide with your competition entry (“Entry”) will be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct. Unless stated otherwise in the relevant Competition Notice, Competitions are only open to residents of the United Kingdom and you are not entitled to enter the Competition if you are resident outside of the United Kingdom. Where a Competition is open to entrants from outside the United Kingdom, you are not entitled to enter the Competition if you are resident in a country or jurisdiction where the Competition may breach any law or regulation. Where this applies, Workington Conservatives’ invitation to enter the Competition in such country and/or jurisdiction is withdrawn.
- Where a Competition is open to all age groups, We assume that by using the Website or Social Media and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition in accordance with the Competition Rules. If a Competition is only open to a certain age group (e.g. 18 and over), this will be set out in the relevant Competition Notice within the “Terms and Conditions” section of the Website, and we assume that by entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are the appropriate age to enter the Competition.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if we have reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Competition Rules.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, we, in our sole discretion, may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to the Competition Rules.
- Entries through agents or third parties will be invalid.
- Competition Entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date and time specified in the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the Entry.
- There is no purchase requirement to enter a Competition and there is no charge to register for use of the Website
- Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside our control.
- Entrants should note that we do not undertake to return any Entries, including those containing artistic or other material.
- Unless stated otherwise in the Competition Notice, prize winners will be chosen at random from all correct Entries (for Competitions involving answering questions or where entry is by emailing or otherwise providing a name and/or contact details to us), or from all submitted Entries in our absolute discretion (where creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria apply to Entries) within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified in the Competition Notice (and may be contacted by our nominated supplier(s)). Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or your failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded ,only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published on the Website.
- Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified in the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. We reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prizes are awarded at our discretion, and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. Where Entries are being judged on creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria, Workington Conservatives and/or the Competition judges in their absolute discretion reserve the right not to select a winner, and/or to remove or amend selection criteria and/or the structure and operation of the Competition if Entries are not of the requisite standard.
- Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. Workington Conservatives reserve the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
- All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- All Entries will become the property of Workington Conservatives on its receipt of them and will not be returned. In consideration of our agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby assigns to Workington Conservatives all intellectual property rights in his or her Entries and waives all moral rights. For the avoidance of doubt, pursuant to the above assignment of intellectual property rights, Workington Conservatives (and third parties authorised by us) may make any and all Entries available on the Website and in any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, which may include other internet sites, mobile, television and/or radio and use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works or podcasts from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and license the Entries in any way it sees fit, including in advertising and/or sponsorship.
- We does not guarantee to use or otherwise make publicly available any Entry. We may also, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
- Your Entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing, threatening or illegal. If relevant, we reserve the right, but without having the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
- Workington Conservatives does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. The prizes are provided without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, conformity with description or fitness for a particular purpose. The express provisions of these Competition Rules are in place of all warranties, representations, conditions, terms, undertakings and obligations implied by statute, common law, custom, trade usage, course of dealing or otherwise, all of which are hereby excluded by Workington Conservatives to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Workington Conservatives is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received as a result of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination of these, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition.
- Nothing in the foregoing shall exclude our liability for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
- The name of the winner and the winning Entry will be sent to anyone who writes to Workington Conservatives within 3 months after the closing date, enclosing a stamped addressed envelope, requesting details of the winning Entry.
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and we reserve the right, without additional payment or permission, to use the names, ages and addresses of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity. By entering the Competition you agree to such use of your personal information, images, photographs and/or audio and/or visual recordings.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation. Data relating to entrants will be retained by us for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist us to operate Competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries relating to the Competition.
- The Competition and the Competition Rules are governed by English law and any disputes are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. The Website is only intended to be accessed from the United Kingdom. Workington Conservatives make no representation that materials on the Website relating to this Competition are appropriate or available for use at other locations and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited. If you access the Website outside of the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
- Website Offers and Promotions
- There are no cash alternatives to our offers
- Promotions cannot be back dated or applied retrospectively to orders already placed
- We reserve the right to cancel, change or extend the offer at any given time
- Promotions are only valid on our UK website and to customers registered to their UK Account
- Orders must be purchased within the valid promotion time, but can be despatched at any date permitted by our calendar
- We will not be responsible for any technical issues which result in the failure to apply the promotional discount to an order, whether any such failure is within our control or not.
- We reserve the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering or to have tampered with the operation of the promotion or the Website, or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions.
- Our decision is final in all matters relating to our promotions.
- If in its sole discretion Workington Conservatives offer a refund or credit for your order, the amount refunded or credited will not exceed the cash value of the original offer
- Offers cannot be used in conjunction with other offers. If the items in your shopping basket qualify for more than one offer, the most beneficial discount for you will be applied.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement in respect of the use of this Website and the items and services offered via this Website.
If any of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall remain fully enforceable. No waiver by us of any term shall be deemed to be continuing or shall be deemed to be a waiver of any other term.
Only you and Workington Conservatives shall be entitled to enforce these terms and conditions. No third party shall be entitled to enforce any of these terms and conditions whether by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
These terms and conditions will be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.